Why you ask? Because it is hard work. Not just changing the way you eat but looking at the way you think, feel and act around food. These are the changes that are required for permanent weight loss. The most important tool we can use to make these changes is our brain. However our brains like the easy way out and to think what we have always thought and believed, which is often wrong. The good news is we can change how we think about food and update our long held beliefs. I will start with telling you what I used to think:
- Food = love
- I deserve to have a treat, snack, bite, taste, etc.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day
- I love to eat, it brings me joy
- Eating 6 small meals a day is better than 2 or 3 larger meals
- If I let myself get hungry, I will eat too much
- I will never be able to lose weight and keep it off
- If I exercise enough and eat healthy I will lose weight
- I will always be overweight
- I can’t go to a party, restaurant or social event and not eat
- I can’t eat healthy on vacation
- Eating low fat and low calorie foods is the only way to lose weight
- Skipping meals is not healthy
Join me next week as I talk about my new beliefs andweight loss journey.